Maureen Toms emailed the following on 6 May 2021 which was slightly edited for flow.
• Hi Andre,
• I'm very sad to have to let you know of the passing of someone from our Shinfield days, my husband Michael Toms. Most people would have known him as Mick. He was in MT at Shinfield from early 1966 until the camp closed.
• I don't know if you'll remember me, I was Maureen Bower and worked in ACHDF (Mike and I got married in 1968) and I was friends with one of your Stats workmates, Sween (Mary Sweeney).
• I'll delve into my memories and let you have a few lines another time.
• I'll also look through our photos for any from our time at Shinfield. It was a great place to be stationed and I think everyone who was there has happy memories. I remember all the Stats lads!
• I've been in touch with John South from time to time over the years though I haven't heard from him for a while.