Joan Wilcox sent this email message on Nov 4th 2010. She lives in Australia.
- • My brother Mike found your website and brought it to my attention. I am afraid I have nothing to offer for your website but write in case you might have some information for me.
- • My father, Squadron Leader Ted Wilcox, was stationed at Shinfield from 1956-1960. We lived in the married quarters, in Coningham Road, Whitley Wood. I am afraid I do not recognise any of the names in your index of members, or attendees at your reunions. I wonder, however, if any of them remembers my father and might have an anecdote to share. I am putting together a memoir of our parents and our life as children growing up in RAF stations; I would love any input you could provide.
- • When I was in England this year, my brother, sister and I managed to revisit most of the RAF stations, or former RAF stations, we had lived in as children. We didn’t go to Shinfield this time, but Mike and I visited some years ago.
Alan Causon emailed the following on 24 Mar 2016:
- • I think that by fluke I may have helped to edge nearer to the important contact for Joan Wilcox to be able to contact John Dunsmore who I am sure worked in the Drawing Office at S.P. near to Sqn. Ldr, Wilcox.
- • I Googled 'Flt. Lt. J. Dunsmore' which resulted in the following and naturally the co-operation of the appropriate Department of the R.A.F. would have to be approached to enlist their help in the matter.
- • 1. Google Flt. Lt. J Dunsmore 5033647
- • 2. You will see the Blog Save Gazette (This is where the Supplement will appear after you Google that Blog)
- • 3 The information is to be seen on the Supplement to London Gazette -4th. March 1969 in the Section marked R,A,F, Reserve of Officers 5th. March 1969.
- • I do hope that you will find this an unexpected useful lead and that at last with your help that Joan Wilcox will be able to contact the appropriate Retired Officers Record Office. I would think that even though they probably would not provide any "Third Party" with John Dunsmore's Home Address that they hopefully would forward correspondence to him when they have been made aware of the reason for this.
This information has been passed to Joan, who emailed the following on 2 April 2016:
- • Thank you, Andre.
- • On reflection, I won't pursue the lead. The gentleman concerned, if still alive, would be very elderly. I would not wish to intrude, especially as I myself have clear memories of my father's time at Shinfield Park.
- • But I am grateful for the thought.
- • Kind regards
If anyone has any further information, please contact the Webmaster