RAF Shinfield Park

Headquarters Flying Training Command 

(27th May 1940 - 1st June 1968)

Shinfield Park Players


The Shinfield Park Players was a performing group set up soon after the camp was opened in 1940. The only two buildings that now survive from the original camp are the NAAFI Club and the Lodge (part of the old Officer’s Mess). The old NAAFI Club building, due to housing development company needs, was dismantled and re-assembled a few yards down and across the road. This is now the home of the Shinfield Players. The old Officer’s Mess (The Lodge) has now been renovated and added to … to form two private houses on the housing development that was constructed on the old RAF Shinfield Park site.

Shinfield Players’ productions

These are some memories and posters/pamphlets of some of the productions sent in by Lynne Harding, the daughter of Edward Harding, who was stationed at SP.

Click pdf to view in browser

Click to enlarge photo

Programme for ‘A Quiet Wedding’

Edward Harding’

These are some photo memories of (we think) a production of Arnold Ridley’s The Ghost Train sent in by Gill Baker, the daughter-in-law of Cpl Alfred Baker, who was stationed at SP from 1942-1944.

Photos from ‘The Ghost Train’ production